280 g McVitie’s Original Digestive biscuits
140 g butter
30 g brown sugar
For the dulce de leche:
1 liter of whole milk
½ teaspoon of bicarbonate
300 g sugar
½ vanilla pod
1 lemon juice
250 g fresh liquid cream
125 g lamponib.
1. Put the McVitie’s Original Digestive biscuits and the brown sugar in a blender, chop finely and transfer the mixture to a bowl. Melt the butter and add it to the biscuits, stirring until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
2. Pour the obtained base into a 24 cm diameter hinged cake pan lined with baking paper, pressing on the bottom and edges with the back of a spoon and set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the dulche de leche by pouring the milk and sugar into a non-stick pan, heating them over low heat and stirring with a wooden spoon. Add the vanilla bean and the seeds extracted from it, add the baking soda and continue mixing. Continue cooking until boiling and stir until the cream obtained has darkened. Remove the vanilla bean and let it cook for about 2 hours over medium heat, until a sticky consistency is obtained. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
4. Cut the bananas into slices and put them in a bowl with the juice of a squeezed lemon. Remove the base from the refrigerator and place the banana slices on it until it is completely covered, then spread the warm dulce de leche over the slices, leveling the surface well with the back of a spoon. Place the cake in the refrigerator for another 20 minutes.
5. Whip the cream and use the sac-à-poche to create small tufts of whipped cream to decorate the whole cake. Cut the banana slices in half and arrange them on the cake as desired, alternating them with raspberries on the sides and in the center.